Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

game buzzer

Status
Not open for further replies.

eleanor

hi guys! can somebody give me some tips on how to create pcb layout and component layout for my game buzzer???? please!!!!!!!!

Just look for a self-driven piezo buzzer. Select what frequency you want. then just connect it in series with a pushbutton and a battery.

When you say game buzzer, do you want a circuit that once button A has been pushed, and the corresponding light or buzzer sounds, pushing button B has no effect, unless the circuit has been reset.

Is this what you are looking for?

Attachments

• game_ckt.jpg
    game_ckt.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 890
I have a few comments with the above circuit.

#1. The nor gates used have too many inputs. You can do the same circuit with a 3-input NOR gate.

#2. Since there is only one buzzer, this circuit is almost unnecessary. All you need to do is put any number of keys together (depending on # of players) in parallel. Connect it to +ve and the SET pin on the 4013 chip.

Connect the SET pin to -ve through a 1K resistor.
Connect Q to the output (buzzer or LED), then to ground.
Connect the clock to ground.
Connect data to ground.

now connect RESET to a key (which turns the output off), then to +ve. Connect RESET to -ve through a 1K resistor.

The buzzer will (and should) work now.

Yeah, what exactly are you looking for? I was just assuming something to make noise.

i built a big game buzzer in my vo-tech class once

it ran on 120v and the output was 3 100W bulbs

used some contacks, relays, wire and push buttons

it was wired so that if everyone puched the putton (there were 3 of these buttons) the first that was triggered would light and ther others would be locked out

Russlk said:
How do you tell which player pressed the button first?

Look at the player :lol:

I was basically simplifying the above schematic which didn't have a good indication as to who pressed the button.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back