Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

GAL info

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter-G

hey ppl!im a 1st year student at university i wondered if anyone can help me how to use a GAL like how to program it typical applications etc?if any1 have info about it i would highly appreciate it.thanks:)

hey ppl!im a 1st year student at university i wondered if anyone can help me how to use a GAL like how to program it typical applications etc?if any1 have info about it i would highly appreciate it.thanks:)

hi,
I cant seem to find what GAL stands for.?

All the Gal's I know already come pre-programmed.:rolleyes:

Hi,

Isnt that Gate Array Logic?

It's a long time since I used GALs, probably 18 years. From the back of my memory I remember entering boolean equations. Try googleing something like 22V10 which if my memory serves me well is a 22 input 10 output versatile logic array (I'm sure I got that wrong).

Mike.

Hi,

Some people call it "Generic Array Logic" too.

hi again! it stands for Gate Array Logic..I jst wanted lessons or something on GALs how they work nd stuf?

The original PAL devices were "programmable array logic". But, they were either active low, or active high, but not both, and either registered or combinatorial, but not both. Then the GAL appeared. Each macrocell could be individually configured as active high or low, as well as combinatorial or registered. You can mix and match, making these new devices truly "generic". Hence the acronym "GAL" was coined, meaning "'generic' array logic".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back