Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

fuse burning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurelia

The plug of my oven occasionally damages after connect to the plug point. When I opened the plug, I saw that there was fuse burning, and the area around the fuse was burnt. Please clarify this situation. I only face this situation, when I use my oven.

Maybe the fuse got hot from a bad connection inside the plug. Show us a picture.

I got the issue examined by the technician. He said that the plug point deliver high voltage and it caused the problem

What kind of oven is it? I have never seen an oven that is plugged and unplugged on a daily basis.

What kind of oven is it? I have never seen an oven that is plugged and unplugged on a daily basis.

Well he won't even mention what country he's in, never mind what oven he has :D

However, his follow up in post #4 seems somewhat worrying, both for the state of the infrastructure (where ever it is) and the quality of the 'technician'.

However, as for plug-in ovens - there's a very famous example, the 'Baby Belling' intended for people in bedsits etc. There have also been a number of similar 'copies' over the decades.

the 'Baby Belling' intended for people in bedsits
I remember it well.
6 Mossbank Ave, Luton.

50 years ago, time flies when you are having fun.

JimB

the 'Baby Belling' intended for people in bedsits etc.

Ok, I had to crack open my English-to-English translation dictionary.
For the benefit of the majority of English speakers- A Bedsits is a Studio Apartment.

By the same naming convention, I'm guessing they call bathrooms, thinkpoops, or toiletthinks, or....

I once lived in a bedsit with a Baby-Belling. Not a bad little cooker.

I don't know what a studio apartment is. A bedsit is where you have a small room with your bed, kitchen area sitting area all in the one room and you have to share the toilet and shower with the other bedsits.

"Studio Appartement" sounds like something big and fancy, like it's a studio where you can do art and photography but has more rooms so it's also an appartment where you can live.

It might just be a cheap fuse. They can overheat instead of blowing and melt plugs and cause fires, seen it on the telly... Had one of my own melting a car auxiliary power socket splitter.

Studio Appartement" sounds like something big and fancy, like it's a studio where you can do art and photography but has more rooms so it's also an appartment where you can live.

No, a Studio Apartment may would like that to you but it is, in fact, the same as a Bedsits except it usually has a bathroom in the unit instead of shared in the hallway (but the bathroom may be shared in some cities - New York, Philadelphia or San Fransisco.

Last edited:
For the benefit of the majority of English speakers- A Bedsits is a Studio Apartment.
"Bedsits" was a plural..

Bedsit is a contraction of bed-sitting room or bedroom-sitting room, basically an accomodation with one main room.

Bedsit is a contraction of bed-sitting room or bedroom-sitting room,

A contraction is a SHORTENED (I.e. contracted) version of a word or phrase (most commonly replacing letters with apostrophe).I think you are looking for the word, portmanteau.

...basically an accomodation with one main room.

Yes, directly translated as "studio apartment" or "efficiency apartment" in American English. Well covered since my first post on the topic.

A studio apartment comprises cooking/living/sleeping areas in the same space, with separate, exclusive, bathing/toilet facilities.

A bedsit apartment comprises cooking/living/sleeping areas in the same space, with shared bathing/toilet facilities.

I've endured both as a single man, and have accepted married life now, because whichever space you live in, when a woman becomes involved, 90% of your crap will be in the wrong place....:D

Thank you for restating the contents of Post #12. So helpful.
My apologies.
I will remember to get written permission from you in future, to post something that agrees with you.
Thanks for your post, So helpful. :rolleyes:

Has anyone else noticed that the pointless arguing here often continues long past the point where the original poster has left?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back