Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Funny Images Thread!

1632614640376.png

1632657568527.png

They missed the other essential component of that kit:

View attachment 133863
this ad actually ended up trolling a senator or congresscritter from California.... they freaked out that people could buy a kit to make a .50BMG rifle for less than $30.
this is one reason politicians should not be allowed to write laws about subjects they are totally clueless about... this "kit" obviously never existed, the ad was done as a joke.

Please use something safe.
View attachment 133874
edward sarkissian recently did this with a full length 12ga shotgun. not only did it not damage the shotguun, but the .50 projectile came out at very low velocity, because there was no gas pressure behind it. it also flattened the whole case against the chamber walls.... but i would expect the cases to fail catastrophically with this little bitty shotgun, because the brass isn't supported past the muzzle in this thing... probably about the same effect as using a piece of conduit, it would be more like a grenade than a gun...

Last edited:
About as daft as the experimental roundabouts here - commonly called the 'magic roundabouts', the most famous is at Swindon:

What could possibly go wrong?.

I feel better after reading in Wikipedia, particularly, the text in bold type:

In December 2007, BBC News reported a survey identifying The Magic Roundabout as one of the "10 Scariest Junctions in the United Kingdom";[8] however, the roundabout provides a better throughput of traffic than other designs and has an excellent safety record, since traffic moves too slowly to do serious damage in the event of a collision.

That is scary! Here they would put trees and shrubbery in the center of all the circles so you couldn’t see across them.

They are going to make an experimental expressway intersection here where north bound and south bound lanes swap sides. Five lanes in each direction between Miami and Palm Beach will be torn up for 5 years on a whim to see if it works.

Diverging Diamond Interchange.jpg

Last edited:
I feel better after reading in Wikipedia, particularly, the text in bold type:
See also the original Magic Roundabout built in 1973 in Hemel Hempstead, with the added twist [sic]:

The roundabout is unusual in that traffic flows both clockwise (the standard flow direction of British roundabouts) and anticlockwise. Drivers approaching the roundabout from any junction can choose to turn left or right, and they are free to make U-turns using any of the mini roundabouts at the junction.

It was a right of passage to negotiate it once you passed your test when I was a teenager.

@ClydeCrashKop, that diverging diamond configuration has already been built in northern Delaware, here in the US. I don't ordinarily commute through it but I have been through it. It definitely seems to "calm" the traffic if slowing it down can be called calming. I think it confounds the drivers and, being so off-put, they slow down. I'd love to see the acccident statistics on it as well.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/39%C2%B034'48.8%22N+75%C2%B039'42.7%22W/@39.5802121,-75.6640347,698m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m6!3m5!1s0x0:0x0!7e2!8m2!3d39.5802078!4d-75.6618458?hl=en

1633029613495.png

That is scary! Here they would put trees and shrubbery in the center of all the circles so you couldn’t see across them.

They are going to make an experimental expressway intersection here where north bound and south bound lanes swap sides. Five lanes in each direction between Miami and Palm Beach will be torn up for 5 years on a whim to see if it works.

View attachment 133955
reminds me of the "figure-eight" racetracks that used to be very common... used to be used in stock car racing after the main event races on the oval.... after that they would take the cars that survived the figure eight race, and end the night with a demolition derby.... i can see some problems with this concept...

alexa-claymore.jpg

Tut.. Not a Roomba.
Someone does not recognise a Dirt Dog when they see one! Possibly more appropriate for a robot guard?

DirtDog.jpg

1633119628558.png

Latest threads

Back