Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Funny Images Thread!

This kind of history makes no sense
You only have to go back a few hundred years to look at how such as carpenters and stonemasons worked; nothing but hand tools - which they generally had to make themselves, hence the old "Bad workmen blame their tools" saying.

Look at thinks like the old stone buildings in England and Europe, with blocks hand-cut to amazing precision.

A lot of skills like that have simply been forgotten when they were no longer required, due to mechanisation and power tools.

You only have to go back a few hundred years to look at how such as carpenters and stonemasons worked; nothing but hand tools - which they generally had to make themselves, hence the old "Bad workmen blame their tools" saying.

Look at thinks like the old stone buildings in England and Europe, with blocks hand-cut to amazing precision.

A lot of skills like that have simply been forgotten when they were no longer required, due to mechanisation and power tools.

My dad was a stone mason, and those skills are still alive today - with many UK cathedrals now employing, and training, their own stone masons.

In fact, last I heard, a lot of British stone masons are helping repair Notre Dame cathedral.

"In fact, last I heard, a lot of British stone masons are helping repair Notre Dame cathedral"

Yes, and Gerard Hoffnung's "The Bricklayer's Lament" is being translated into French for a chanson. E

Ok, going to ask the question again, how do you move a 1000 ton stone without modern machinery? The largest road able cranes can't even lift a tenth of that! I don't know the answer but find the current explainations rediculous. Slaves pulling them up soil slopes! Realy?

Mike.

Ok, going to ask the question again, how do you move a 1000 ton stone without modern machinery? The largest road able cranes can't even lift a tenth of that! I don't know the answer but find the current explainations rediculous. Slaves pulling them up soil slopes! Realy?

There used to be an American TV series called "This Old House" where they restored old properties - and occasionally they had a Stone Mason on the show.

Anyway, I saw the same Stone Mason a few years later on a show from Egypt, along with a number of professors, all trying to explain how things were moved and built. The outcome of the show, was that they couldn't figure it out.

However, a few months later I saw another show, by the Stone Mason on his own - he'd been really annoyed at their failure, and had been thinking about it a LOT. The outcome was he had discovered a perfectly practical way to move massive blocks of stone as used in the pyramids, using only technology available from that era.

Unfortunately I can't remember how he did it? - but I seem to recall it was simple yet clever.

1616032206278.png

1616540639839.png

1616786416179.png

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back