Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

fun with exploding capacitors

Status
Not open for further replies.
mneary said:
Discharge a large electrolytic cap into a small one.

Now this is getting scary.... You have all cracked up haven't you????

Might try this later on though! What did my parents say about a bad influence? lol....

Ok, I used my power supply and hooked up caps in parallel, and turned on my power. IT WAS OFF THE HOOK G

This inverter project has the tantalum capacitors backwards. They have very high current pulses because the power transistors have avalanche breakdown through them. Many people said the project exploded.

Attachments

• Lousy exploding inverter.PNG
    Lousy exploding inverter.PNG
    9 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
Was it posted on April 1st? I'm sure there has been more than one mischievious posting of a self-destructing project on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back