Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Fun fun I2C need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

subzero349

Is anyone familiar with I2C?

I need to control a TC74 temperature sensor with an PIC16F877 I2C controller.

this is the PICDEM 2 PLUS demo board. Does anyone else have this board?

I'm not sure what the sequence is to get this thing to work....

any help would be appreciated!

Getting I2C device working for the first time is a painful job. But once you get the trick, its a childs play with other devices. All you got to do is stick to the Bit-Banging I2C specifications and write the routines accrdingly.

Get the I2C specifications manual from Philips website and write your own routines or you can download a ready PIC I2C code from the net. The basic routines you require are
I2C_START
I2C_STOP
I2C_ACK
I2C_NACK
I2C_SEND_BYTE
I2C_RECV_BYTE
I2C_DELAY

If you get, these is any code thats sufficient for you. Be sure of crytal speed and I2C_DELAY. I2C devices cannot operate at more than 400kHz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back