Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Full Bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muhammad Owais

Hi.......i have problem in this circuit the mosfets in lower sides are heat-up continuously......is there any solution, i used irf740 because of high power rating.

Attachments

• IR2110 - 7.png
    IR2110 - 7.png
    96.8 KB · Views: 264
  • IR2110 - 7.png
    IR2110 - 7.png
    96.8 KB · Views: 210
When you say heat-up continuously, did you measure the temperature? MOSFETs can run safely when very hot to the touch. How hot is the case, or if you can calculate it, the junction?

Some possible causes of the overheating of the low side switches:

1) Not enough drive voltage on the low-side switches.

2) Slow turn-off or turn-on time (possibly too much gate capacitance) in the low-side switch.

3) Conduction of the high- and low-side switches overlap (though would expect the high-side to overheat too).

More information needed:
How fast are you switching?
What Duty cycle?
What phasing? Are you running 50% of the time with the bottom two FETS on?
How much current?
What is your load? motor?
Are you using a heat sink?

First off its commonly referred to as a "H" bridge.
Where did you find that circuit?

Last edited:
dear ronsimpson.................i gave 15kHz SPWM signal with on Hin of ir2110 and inverted SPWM on Lin......means both signals are 180 degree in phase. load is LC filter....no i am not using motor and i used heat sink

A filter is not a load, you need a load for the upper side bootstrap capacitor to charge. Load is a device connected to ground/common to provide the recharge path.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back