Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Fuji ETN01-055 [4n31] Motor speed control?

Status
Not open for further replies.

John L

This transistor has the arrow pointing away from the base. I would like to make a motor speed controller for a 7.5hp 220ac 1ph motor and a separate one for a 3 hp 90v dc motor. The transistor rating is 200amps 550v. I have more than one transistor for these applications. Thanx John L

Hi John L,

Well there are different types of control,
and of controllers.

If you just want to vary the speed that
might be easy enough.

If you want a controlled speed, that might
be more difficult.

I take it the 3HP 90volt DC motor has a commutator.
But what about the 7.5 HP 220 VAC Single Phase,
is this a Capacitor start?
Is it intended to run at a fixed speed?

John

john1 said:
Hi John L,

Well there are different types of control,
and of controllers.

If you just want to vary the speed that
might be easy enough.

If you want a controlled speed, that might
be more difficult.

I take it the 3HP 90volt DC motor has a commutator.
But what about the 7.5 HP 220 VAC Single Phase,
is this a Capacitor start?
Is it intended to run at a fixed speed? The 7.5 is a capacitor start and it is intended to run at a constant speed. The dc motor is a permanant magnet one. I would like a variable speed for both of them I also have a dc motor with seperate field winding. I would have to look at the field winding to see what it is. John L

John

Did you find any transistor of 200amps 550v? I guess no! Just imagine how much power dissipation will be there in normal BJT? Thats why at high power either MOSFETs or IGBTs are used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back