Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Fuel sender 0-5v help

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I posted is a schematic. You are asking for a pictorial diagram which shows physical parts. I dont have time for that.

You can do it. Start by printing out the data sheet for a LM358 op amp. It will show you pin numbers, etc. Get a piece of perf. board. Make a xerox of the bare board. Start placing components such as to minimize wire lengths.....

I plan on building pretty much the same thing. My fuel level sending unit outputs the same range of resistance. I have one question... will any op amp work? I found a NTE975SM at radio shack...

I plan on building pretty much the same thing. My fuel level sending unit outputs the same range of resistance. I have one question... will any op amp work? I found a NTE975SM at radio shack...
Unfortunately no. The specified LM358 will pull its output pin close to ground (required); the NTE unit will not.

Do you have the required 5V reference voltage you can tap?

The ecu has a regulated 5v output. There is a Adc circuit on the ecu that accepts 0 - 5v. However i dont need to have it exactly from 0 to 5... i can have it from say... 1.5 to 4 volts and just scale the gauge in the software to match. whats important is that its linear.

The ecu has a regulated 5v output. There is a Adc circuit on the ecu that accepts 0 - 5v. However i dont need to have it exactly from 0 to 5... i can have it from say... 1.5 to 4 volts and just scale the gauge in the software to match. whats important is that its linear.
The circuit will more linear than the damn sender.;)
To make the system ratiometric, it is important that the sender be fed from the regulated voltage...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back