Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Fuel pump contact breaker points

Status
Not open for further replies.
KISS, many thanks once again for your helpful and informative replies. The links are very useful for me as education as I'm very weak on electronics theory. I'm not yet sure what approach to take on solving this problem as I simply don't understand enough about exactly what's going on except in the most basic terms.

The use of a simple "snubber" diode for excactly this situation has been recommended from enough sources to suggest that it MUST work some of the time. Why I can't see any discernable benefit may be because I'm not looking in the right way or lack the means to measure the result or that I'm doing something wrong or that my particular pump doesn't function like the others I'm reading about. As Mike says, "something is fishy".

As I need to use the vehicle, I'll have to install the new pump as is for now. I have another new one - the fourth one - on order so by the time I get that, I hope to have learned enought to do an effective mod on it before I need to use it.

Thanks again for your time and patience in replying.

Trevor

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back