Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Frequency dividers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kathale

Hi!
I would like to divide frequencies from around 10MHz to audio frequency range using analog devices. Is this possible? If yes, then will the method retain the information in the signal? please help.

What is the purpose? Knowing that would help us to suggest a more appropriate method.

Last edited:
He wants to demodulate an audio signal from a 10mhz carrier. Not sure of the OP's location but here in the states that frequency is the time standard from Colorado.

I would like to desing a simple circuit with the cheapest components possible that can be attached to PC sound card and modify the PC to be an oscilloscope.

Exactly what kind of signal are you trying to measure? A PC sound card can only ever be used as an AC scope, mixing will allow you to measure higher frequencies, but still only as much bandwidth as the sampling rate of the soundcard allows at 44.1khz that's only about 11khz of bandwidth, pretty horrible.

If you use a variable frequency generator and mix the two signals together you'll get harmonic products but the modulation information will still be present, it's called heterodyning. So you need a variable 1-10mhz frequency generator and a mixer. Depending on what frequency you have the variable generator set to you'll scan different sections of the 10mhz spectrum. The bandwidth is so narrow though I'm not sure of what use it'll be other than a poor mans low frequency RF scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back