Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

frequency divider

Status
Not open for further replies.

jovabiot

i have a 100Mhz sinus wave and i want to have a 50Mhz sinus wave. How can i implement an analog frequency divider? Thanks

jovabiot said:
i have a 100Mhz sinus wave and i want to have a 50Mhz sinus wave. How can i implement an analog frequency divider? Thanks

You don't - not really!.

You need to give lots more details about what you are trying to do, and where the 100MHz is coming from.

ok. i'm going to design a bpsk demodulator. then, for recovering the modulator signal, i need a frequency divider, because i do the square of the signal, and with a pll i obtain my wave signal but with a frequency two times the one i need. then, how can i divide this frequency? thanks.

You use a digital divider, as you commonly do in PLL circuits. However, you need to get one which will work at 100MHz - I think standard TTL is only 50MHz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back