Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

freq. counter prob.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BTDe

Hi World,

my freqeucy counter is almost complet but at this stage it is counting the number of pulses which is being displayed 1-9 on a single 7-seg, now i have a problem that is i want it to display the number of pulses counted in one sec, that is it should give me a vlue of the pulses counted in that one sec in the 7-seg display. so how do i do that. is there any IC to to it so that i can connct it to my CKT.

thanks

BTDe said:
Hi World,

my freqeucy counter is almost complet but at this stage it is counting the number of pulses which is being displayed 1-9 on a single 7-seg, now i have a problem that is i want it to display the number of pulses counted in one sec, that is it should give me a vlue of the pulses counted in that one sec in the 7-seg display. so how do i do that. is there any IC to to it so that i can connct it to my CKT.

You gate the input - zero the counter, gate the input ON for one second, then gate the input OFF, so it only counts for one second.

Maxim makes a couple 4-digit up/down counters... The ICM7217 directly drives four 7-segment LED displays... But I think you still might need a gated time-base to use it as a frequency counter...

I would recommend a microcontroller for a "single chip solution"... I've seen several on the Internet...

Good luck... Regards, Mike

Attachments

• freq_counter_-_single_chip_concept.jpg
    freq_counter_-_single_chip_concept.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 377
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back