Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Free junebug to good home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike_2545

Super Moderator
After completing the Junebug kit from Blueroomelectronics, I have found it impossible to get a straight answer about much of anything. If you are one of the people who gave me a straight answer I apologize.

Therefor I am giving up my Junebug to the first person that will pay for shipping.

If you can understand how to write, compile and program that thing you can have it!

Interested party's need to PM me and I will call the free for all when a suitable family is found :)

<sniff> It's sad when they give up so early. Sorry. Don't do PIC's or I'd take it off your hands =)

Mike It's not that hard. You have swordfish just start it up and try the code that came with it out and go from there. Swordfish doesn't have the best manual But you can't go to wrong with it.

Nope, All programs have been wiped from my drive.
I am going to stick with the ones I know and not jump ship.

Which will unclog the backlog of projects waiting to be completed :)

Last edited:
Butterfly? Sure. What's postage to 14468 gonna cost you?

I don't recall seeing fleets of unanswered questions. Microcontrollers are not that hard but you have to give it a chance.
Several excellent compilers exist and almost all have free demos. If you've never programmed before you could get the hang of BASIC with "Just BASIC" and there are plenty of online references.

Yeah, I'm sticking with the Basic stamp. I have made several successful projects with those. I thought about the cost difference, speed and other factors when I tried out the AVR & PIC. None of that can be overcome by the steep learning curve I have experienced the last couple of days. The deeper I went, the more I knew I was over my head with these PICS. So I pulled the plug.

Last edited:
You can program a Stamp but are having problems with Swordfish? It should be a fairly easy transition. A compiled program is much faster than an interpreted program.

A stamp sure, I can make one of those dance. I don't understand anything about the PIC. There seems to be a plethora of programmers/compilers & each one has it's own differences, enough for me to throw in the towel.

I don't have a Junebug. But I don't want one I like making my own boards slap a pick in them and go. But any way I hate that you you don't like it. that was fast. But I no how you feel not much strait help with it. And then learning it get you back tracked from what you should be doing.

I don't have a Junebug. But I don't want one I like making my own boards slap a pick in them and go. But any way I hate that you you don't like it. that was fast. But I no how you feel not much strait help with it. And then learning it get you back tracked from what you should be doing.
It's not that I hate it. If there were someone here to show me what to do and explain it from start to finish I would most likely pick it up right away. I just don't want ot get bogged down with something so foreign that I cant see the forest for the trees.

Last edited:
Mike, give it a week. The knowledge soaks in =) I think you'll be far happier with a 'real' pic using swordfish than you will be in the long run with basic stamps, which are basically crippled PICs. I'll pay postage plus a buck or two for a Butterfly though. I'll send you a private message if you still want to get rid of it. Always wanted to play around with one.

Mike, give it a week. The knowledge soaks in =) I think you'll be far happier with a 'real' pic using swordfish than you will be in the long run with basic stamps, which are basically crippled PICs. I'll pay postage plus a buck or two for a Butterfly though. I'll send you a private message if you still want to get rid of it. Always wanted to play around with one.

I got the AVR some time ago, like November, couldn't get that to work either. Send a pm, I'll get this off the shelf and into the hands of someone capable.

You can program a Stamp but are having problems with Swordfish? It should be a fairly easy transition. A compiled program is much faster than an interpreted program.
Swordfish is no where near like pbasic

If I buy it = shipping?

what would it cost to 83467??
I just purchased one= where were you two weeks ago??
I will purchase it for one of my scouts going to ISU come fall
pm me for details

Hey Mike,

I hate to see you give up too. I live about 45 minutes from Toledo. Would you like to meet somewhere half way some weekend for coffee or cappuccino? I could bring my laptop and maybe we could iron out some of the wrinkles you're experiencing.

If you're a minor or a young person then obviously your parents should be included.

Mike McLaren, K8LH
Westland, MI, USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back