Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Free energy on Dragon's Den

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too! BEST SCI-FI SHOW EVER! Can't believe I would ever say the words "Battlestar Galactica is better than Star Trek", but Battlestar Galactica is better than Star Trek.

Same here, it's just so well written with good acting and production values.
On the other hand I also loved seasons 1 & 2 of the LEXX. Silly stuff but lots of fun.
**broken link removed**

Going to have to order that one and Starlost. Do you remember a sci-fi show where a group of people in a jet crash land on a seemingly uninhabited island and find an underground bunker and other mysterious things? The one where they were blown off course so they weren't found by rescue parties, and the radio was busted in the crash so they couldn't call for help? One of the survivors is pregnant, another's a drug addict? The one where the island turns out to have some "other" people secretly living there?

Not the series created by JJ Abrams, the series created by Rod Serling.
The New People - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
First episode (Serling's) was good, then it quickly turned to crap, like "Night Gallery".

Last edited:
Looks to me like all that fat snorting imbecile did was hooked up an inverter to a car battery and completely failed on the measurement and calculation. :D

Anyone want to watch an impending train crash that is going to make Steorn look like a slip on the ice, follow the story of "Blacklight Power". These guys have already signed up a couple of commercial power companies, got a university involved, and are into it for over a hundred million.

It'll take a lot more than $100M before they give up. Cold Fusion got a lot of press for the same reasons ages ago.

Now this is interesting :)
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Yes, I think so too, and they probably are following most of those guidelines.

Worse, I expect they are going to take down the reputation of that college, bankrupt a couple of small electric companies, and more, before the dust finally settles.

The gimmick to Blacklight Power's scam is that they add

Wheee! See, they use the energy from the water to reform the magic sparkle powder they use to get the energy from the water that is used to reform the magic sparkle powder they use to... you get the idea. Loads of the usual pseudo-scientific rubbish, loads of the usual premature chest-thumping and hornblowing by the "inventor" who also claims to have the key to anti-gravity and the next generation of supercomputers.

I just want to clarify why I poo-poo these free energy scams.

Here's how you can save money now and help the planet.
1. Green your home

• Use CFL lights
  • Clean the A/C or Furnace filters
  • Will a heat pump work in your area?
  • Turn down the A/C / furnace
  • Get a setback thermostat
  • Turn off lights you're not using
  • Use an extra blanket or two when it's cold at night
  • Is your insulation up to spec / correct for your area?
2. Get only the transportation you need

• Trade in your gas guzzling SUV or 25 yr old oil-burner.
  • don't leave your vehicle in idle
  • keep the tire pressure at rated PSI
  • change your oil and air filter regularity
  • car pool
  • take transit
I do want to see research into real technologies IE solar, wind.
BUT
The money thrown down the drain by idiots with just enough skills to not understand what they're doing (but think current science is just wrong) really pisses me off. IMO if the money was spent on buying a wind generator for their community or even solar energy we'd all be better off.
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
the guys an as*hole on his website on one page he is asking if you want to be a dealer and on another says he won't have dealers as he wants to cut the middle man out. the site is very amateurish and well the whole priciple... if you want to beleive in magic go ahead some people just won't be told.

Its sad though that he's even allowed to operate he should be shut down its just that simple he's ripping people off.

another clue to his real lack of knowledge is how convincinly he wams on about multiplying amps voltas and... frequency. what the heck has frequency got to do with it. of course he expects us to beleive that the world is happy with him running their grids on what ? 50 MHz 5GHz ? he don't even specify the guy is that ignorant that he seems to think that multiplying frequency sounds good he don't even understand that you can't pump just any frequency into the grid.

the guy that said he might put the money up basically panicked because he got hit in his weakest spot: This guy rekoned he would be putting him out of business so he took some small stake to protect the millions he has.

also his products page thats basically have pictures of placs with some stickers on them and look like a very clumsy and unconvincing attemp to make it look good. The unit described actually don't state what he is saying in general about them, it is likely that if you sued or returned the units because he lied he will turn round and say "well you only bought an inverter" that is effect is all he is describing, you cannot possibly despute the product description as being anything but an inverter, you are assuming what it is that you will get but you will get exactly what is described: an inverter (oh he may include a trolley just for kicks), the terms and conditions are ludricrous, a very amateur attemp at legal stuff but plain enough: after all he repeats it all FOUR times

Last edited:
Somehow these "energy multiplier" schemes strike me as even more idiotic than perpetual motion machines. Like, if you can REALLY get more energy out of it than you put into it, why not close the loop? Instead, they just point to the meters, flap their arms around and make self-indulgent splutterings.

the site is very amateurish
I was thinking the same thing myself.

Like, why did he make the titlebar all ugly by spamming it up with keywords? Isn’t that what <meta name="keywords"> is for?

He’s apparently about as good with HTML as he is with electricity – in the Dragon’s Den video he mentions “electrocuting” himself twice and that’s just while working on the Vorktex project.

Last edited:
He must be a saint, only saints can perform miracles like making energy from nothing or filiming video after they've been electrocuted.:rolleyes:

I was thinking the same thing myself.

Like, why did he make the titlebar all ugly by spamming it up with keywords? Isn’t that what <meta name="keywords"> is for?

He’s apparently about as good with HTML as he is with electricity – in the Dragon’s Den video he mentions “electrocuting” himself twice and that’s just while working on the Vorktex project.

I'm no HTML expert either, but I have found that meta tags do not help much on getting googled (I base this on my website). It seems titles and text are better for getting on a search engine. For example; if you type the phrase 'geologic faces' into google my website comes up first, as the title of my website is Gelogic faces of Southern California.

I have added meta tags like San DIego Geology, but yet a google on this phrase,you will not find my website.

Just thought I would share that :)

The "meta" tags were being abused, so Google stopped using them. Search "Google dance" to find the story.

I'm no HTML expert either, but I have found that meta tags do not help much on getting googled (I base this on my website). It seems titles and text are better for getting on a search engine. For example; if you type the phrase 'geologic faces' into google my website comes up first, as the title of my website is Gelogic faces of Southern California.

I have added meta tags like San DIego Geology, but yet a google on this phrase,you will not find my website.

Just thought I would share that :)

I'll tell you how to get into the search engines: just be honest ! I run the rotaract site in my sig and wrote it thinking that I would have to put the keyword tag in but didn't know how so I just uploaded it anyhow with the view to put keywords in later. Guess what ? I never put keywords in and my site is very easily googled. it has no fake info or words in it to aid search engines it is just plain and simple content with a non spammed title bar. I have stat counter code on it and can see how people found it in google and it does just fine. if you do buy a domain name don't "link" it to a free one as it will still get ignored because the domain name will have under it just a redirect page so no content to be searched

the other big tip is don't use free accounts such as tripod to host your site as I think google ignors them the same site was previously on tripod and was impossible to find (I trid for 5 hours). Having a domain name really helps and they are so cheap, if you don't want to buy one you obviously haven't got anything that important to say to the world, or at least that is the priciple google seems to work on

Last edited:
the other thing is considering he is admitedly practically a 1 man band he has a different email for every single little thing wow now thats too proffesional to be true. This guy dosen't even look like he knows how to run a company

anoter thing is there is a "shopping cart" on the right hand side of every page but I'd be blown if I can figure how to actually buy something off the wesite using the shopping cart. but of course some one told him that looks proffessional so he did it, might be interesting to take a look at his page code later see what sort of a cok up they are

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back