Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Free energy on Dragon's Den

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaws810

here is the youtube link to the presentation on dragon's den. I would like to know what happened but i can't find any video after the show was recorded.

YouTube - Dragon's Den - Vorktex MagnaCoaster Power Generation

Here is this guy's youtube site where he has this thing running on a dead car battery closed loop he has the machine connected to the battery along with 2 power inverters which he uses to run some power tools. minimal power from the battery runs the machine which feeds power back to the battery to power the inverters really cool and expensive but definetly worth $14,000 to run your house!!

YouTube - Magnacoastermotors's Channel

Here's an excerpt from of all places overunity.com about the Magnacoaster on Dragons Den.
A little bird told me they contacted the Dragon, Bret Wilson, who offered to fund Richard. Guess what? The dragon reports that no deal has been reached, nor will there be one. Richard couldn't get it together to provide a unit for 3rd party testing, and the various universities didn't confirm his power claims, they just confirmed that he did have some measurement readings and calculations. So the backer backed away before cutting a check--"Extremely suspicious" were the words the little bird used.
Wisely, I think.
The Dragon also said that the program segment was edited beyond recognition, and there were some real questions about Richard and his device, that weren't shown on the program.

I wouldn't lose a dime if I was going to buy one of these units I would go to pick it up and I would want to see it work using my own dead battery and inverters. i would also want it set up outside where there could be no hidden power source. If it worked i'd hook it up to a grid-tie converter and sell as much as possible back to the electric company. I get very skeptable when someone asks for payment via western union, because most scams use western union. I figured if it's good enough to get to Dragon's Den is might be the real deal.

I wouldn't lose a dime if I was going to buy one of these units I would go to pick it up and I would want to see it work using my own dead battery and inverters. i would also want it set up outside where there could be no hidden power source. If it worked i'd hook it up to a grid-tie converter and sell as much as possible back to the electric company. I get very skeptable when someone asks for payment via western union, because most scams use western union. I figured if it's good enough to get to Dragon's Den is might be the real deal.

Read the overunity thread on the Magnacoster. And PS you'll never get to see one working...
https://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6267.0

It's a scam, it cannot and does not work, in the con business you would be referred to as a "dupe"
From the Merriam-Webster dictionary
dupe - Definition from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary
: one that is easily deceived or cheated : fool

Last edited:
a dead car battery ...uses to run some power tools

"Dead" battery is a loose term. The Eveready battery engineering manuals give curves on alkaline batteries. Comparing the loaded voltage against those curves on "dead" batteries out of several devices I've checked, they still have more than half of the watt-seconds of energy left in them that they started out with. In the YouTube video he doesn't even say "dead", he says "run down". Doesn't surprise me that a run-down car battery can still power a drill. Also, notice that he is another fat, stupid, self-important crank. All these things indicate that it would be a mistake to invest the fourteen grand in this.

Last edited:
yes, i realized that too, by dead battery i meant i good battery that didn't have enough charge to start a car or power a drill using a power inverter, if you watch that video where he uses a dead battery you will notice that the lights on the inverters were on but there wasn't enough juice to run the drill until he started the machine.

You can never convince these guys. It's like trying to argue with a creationist.

If he wants to blow $15,000 on a box with stickers then I'm not going to stop him.
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
Here's the math 18W in is converted to 50,000W out. Take a basic course in electricity.
PS make sure you get a T-Shirt
**broken link removed**
Oh yea here's the return policy.
We offer a 30 day money back guarantee from date of purchase.
The unit must be deemed in good working order by our staff before the return will be processed.
Any unit that was damaged from improper installation will not be accepted as a return unless there has been a repair made on the unit to replace any and all parts that may be damaged. Buyer to pay any and all shipping and or duty charges back to our plant of any unit in need of repair.
1 year guarantee against manufacturer defects Vorktex power unit.
This does not cover units that have been changed or modified. We are not responsible for units that are damaged due to improper hookup. We are not liable for any damage to batteries or inverters due to improper hookup. We are not liable for any damage to batteries or inverters due to improper sized units and batteries. We are not liable for any damage in shipping. We are not liable for any loss due to loss of power or operation of the unit. Tampering and or altering the unit in any way void’s the guarantee. Buyer to pay any and all shipping and or duty charges back to our plant of any unit in need of repair.
Aims Inverter carries a 1 year from Aims direct.
Coils in the Vorktex unit will carry a 3 year limited guarantee against manufacturer defects
This does not cover units that have been changed or modified.
We are not responsible for units that are damaged due to improper hookup.
We are not liable for any damage to batteries or inverters due to improper hookup.
We are not liable for any damage to batteries or inverters due to improper sized units and batteries.
We are not liable for any damage in shipping.
We are not liable for any loss due to loss of power or operation of the unit.
Tampering and or altering the unit in any way void’s the guarantee.
Buyer to pay any and all shipping and or duty charges back to our plant of any unit in need of repair.
Call us before you ship any part so as we can give you the correct way to package and ship defective parts back to us as well as shipping information

Last edited:
Ever notice how there's no women who ever work on perpetual motion machines? I searched the net one time, and out of a hundred years or so of records on this sad phenomena, I could only find one female perpetual motion tinkerer. It seems like there's some genetic defect that makes people believe in this $hit, and I get the sinking feeling it must be on the Y chromosome.

Last edited:
Great. I'm in my 40's now, hope I don't succumb to...

Wait! I've got it! All they need to do is put a Mu-metal shield between the magnet and the pyramid crystals! BRB - have some work to do in the basement.

Oh crap me too, I'm 47 and I think they've tapped my phone line. Fortunately SHADO will protect us from the UFOs.
**broken link removed**

You have no idea how much I wanted a Nehru jacket in the 80s

Last edited:
Awesome. I loved that show as a kid. Bought the DVD's last year and watched them all again. Ed Bishop always seems like he was really from the future. Pity his acting career died with the show.

Yea UFO was great, I have all the DVDs for that and Space 1999. I loved Gerry Anderson stuff and still watch it from time to time.
The Eagle is still one of my favorite SciFi ship designs.
**broken link removed**

I had a plastic model of one of those as a kid. It went on some great adventures on alien planets in the living room next to the coffee table. My favorite episode was "Dragon's Domain" with the space-junkyard and the monster. Also loved the one with Balor, forget the title, good philosophical weirdness.

Those were about the best episodes. Dragons Domain scared the crap out of me as a young teen. Then again I even watched the super crappy Starlost series here in Toronto.
**broken link removed**

Never saw that one, but I watched every episode of both incarnations of the super-lame "Starhunter" series. Best thing about it was the theme music.

I could never get into Starhunter, Michale Pare was such a wooden actor. Same with Andromeda, just not really interesting to me.
Now I'm eagerly awaiting the conclusion of Battlestar Galactica.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back