Found Microcontroller w/ voice

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMikey83

The K-Mart I work at is closing and as a result, we are throwing out old junk from the stockrooms. One of those talking leappad type displays was headed for the dumpster so I took the cover off and grabbed the controller board for parts.

The processor is this http://www.zaram.com/zaramweb_eng/product/pdf/driver/SPC122A.pdf#search='spc122a' chip under a black glob of plastic, but its mounted on its own board and can be removed. Seems to be an 8 bit microcontroller/sound recorder. Anyone ever used this controller before?

The control board works as well. It has an input for a motion sensor. (I remember avoiding it so it didn't go off every time i passed it at work)
An 11-pin connector interfaced it with the leappad that was mounted to the display (dont have the leappad). There are also two red connectors, one says MOTION and has 3 pins. One pin marked Gnd and one marked 1kHz so its probably for a servo (no servo is display though). The other red connector is 2 pins and marked CNTR.

A four possition switch on the right controls the volume but the 4 possition switch on the left doesn't seem to do anything.

The long connector that went to the leappad has the following pinout labels.
AUD A
AUD B
AUD A
AUD B
D0
VCC
VA
B5V
GND
START
BASEVCC

The message says to press the yellow button but, I tried shorting the START pin to Gnd but doesn't do anything. The pad probably has to be attached for it to go into its normal routine.

~Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…