Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Found Microcontroller w/ voice

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMikey83

The K-Mart I work at is closing and as a result, we are throwing out old junk from the stockrooms. One of those talking leappad type displays was headed for the dumpster so I took the cover off and grabbed the controller board for parts.

The processor is this http://www.zaram.com/zaramweb_eng/product/pdf/driver/SPC122A.pdf#search='spc122a' chip under a black glob of plastic, but its mounted on its own board and can be removed. Seems to be an 8 bit microcontroller/sound recorder. Anyone ever used this controller before?

The control board works as well. It has an input for a motion sensor. (I remember avoiding it so it didn't go off every time i passed it at work)
An 11-pin connector interfaced it with the leappad that was mounted to the display (dont have the leappad). There are also two red connectors, one says MOTION and has 3 pins. One pin marked Gnd and one marked 1kHz so its probably for a servo (no servo is display though). The other red connector is 2 pins and marked CNTR.

A four possition switch on the right controls the volume but the 4 possition switch on the left doesn't seem to do anything.

The long connector that went to the leappad has the following pinout labels.
AUD A
AUD B
AUD A
AUD B
D0
VCC
VA
B5V
GND
START
BASEVCC

The message says to press the yellow button but, I tried shorting the START pin to Gnd but doesn't do anything. The pad probably has to be attached for it to go into its normal routine.

~Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back