Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Fortran as programing language at university

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not?.

Learning to program properly is independent of the language you use, and historically Pascal was a popular University choice as it encourages (forces!!) good practice - unlike C :D

I agree with Nigel. Once you learn to program then learning a different language is trivial. So why not Fortran.

Mike.

So far i consider c++ as the best for lower level. C# for .NET / objective language.
I created fish bot for game metin 2 with C#, still not banned yet hehe...
But i must always find manually adress in ram (when fish was detected). They have some dynamic offsets. Pointers changed all time...
Python for neural network.
But why someone would like to teach fortran.
BTW my first language was pascal.
It was nice book to read through.
pascal-pro-zelenace.jpg

Last edited:
Why not. I had to write a FORTRAN program to analyze a "water plant". C isn't quite the right language for it.
MATLAB might even be better.

I see no reason to not use FORTRAN. I would pick FORTRAN over C for that application.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back