Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Forgot to track ramp signal in PFC circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyback

Hi,
Just designed and layed out a 2Kw PFC’d PSU.
PFC controller is UCC28070A.
I have forgotten to track in the ramp signal back to the PFC controller PCB. I added the ramp producing circuit to the PFC gate drive PCB, but forgot to track the ramp back to the controller.
(The Current sense transformer burden resistors are [now] on the PFC controller PCB)
Do you think it’ll be OK to twisted pair wire the ramp signal (with ground obviously) back to the controller…or would you say too much noise would result?

(I do have an RC filter just before the CS pin of UCC28070A)
UCC28070A.
https://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/ucc28070a.pdf?ts=1657631997285&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F

(The ramp is needed to reduce mains input current distortion. It is only needed near the mains zero crossings, and during light load)

If it was me, I'd take the hit and redo the board. Unless you want to handle some number of service calls where you or some poor technician has to get on a plane at 3AM to fly to Timbuktu for a service call. This is not even a close call. Next time hire an eager intern to double check your work and promise her a hefty bonus for every mistake she finds. I damn well guarantee she will make it her personal mission to support herself on the bonuses alone, never mind the salary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back