Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

For those that like to reminisce

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inquisitive

Super Moderator
Ran across this:

CC4E - C Programming for Everybody

Its free and it based on the original "C" Programming Language by Brian W. Kernighan, Dennis M. Ritchie.

There are so many sources on K&R C that are free and you don't have to guess a number. I didn't even try.

Someone got mine free (borrowed) many many years ago, I would have liked to keep it as a souvenir! Now I rely upon ISBN 007-881538 by H.Schildt not a bad replacement. I used to have the whole of Unix system IV and loads of others but I ran out of bookcase, great shame nobody wants that stuff now.

Someone got mine free (borrowed) many many years ago, I would have liked to keep it as a souvenir! Now I rely upon ISBN 007-881538 by H.Schildt not a bad replacement. I used to have the whole of Unix system IV and loads of others but I ran out of bookcase, great shame nobody wants that stuff now.
I had one years back (from one of my many failed attempts at C :D ) - but I seem to recall someone bought it off me?.

Not able to find that ISBN. Can you elucidate.

1673267646396.png

fourtytwo...
Is this perhaps your site?
Funny that your name and the Unlock code seems to be the same?

The site uses the original version from 1978 annotated by Dr Chuck Severance.
At the time of the writing of the first K&R C there were many unknowns. The annotation fills in some gaps and history of interest. I can give 42 reasons why you would never be interested. Just saying.

Not able to find that ISBN. Can you elucidate.
C the complete reference Sorry I abbreviated the ISBN a little.
No I don't have any association with sites etc but always been a fan of Douglas Adams, all our many systems at work in the 70's & 80's were named after his characters. Also for some reason Snow White and the seven dwarfs featured but somehow Star Wars got left out! My handle has always been fourtytwo, the ultimate answer to the ultimate question, but as anybody who knows the book knows by the time the answer had been found the question had been forgotten, as you get older so often the case :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back