Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

footprint creation

Status
Not open for further replies.

wakoko79

I'm trying to make a footprint for a potentiometer. And I got the specs from its datasheet.
The problem is that I don't get the numbers. Are the numbers for the hole/drill or are they the pads? It looks like if they are the drill, it is too big. I mean,

View attachment 66779

What does the symbol in orange circle stands for? Is it for diameter?
And how about the (2) in the lower red box? what does that stand for?

Thanks=)

Can you post the entire datasheet. It will provide more information.

Ø = Diameter.

Numbers given in fractional form as in over and under each other usually are millimeters over inches. They do the conversion for you. The datasheet will tell you what the top and bottom number represent some manufactures do it different from others. In addition to what ronsimpson has said. They may show "(2)" or "2X" for (two occurrences) or may state "2 typically" or "2X typically" (this indicates a repetition of items). These are a few methods that are sometimes used in drafting.

Last edited:
The nubers in circles are pin numbers, the rest are dimensions and multiple occurences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back