Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

easyEDA....creating footprint of 32 pin micro

Status
Not open for further replies.

zenerbjt

..hi in the above video, do you know how they position the horizontal pads at 10:07..?...it just seems to happen...do you know how?
I mean, i can do it by trig and one by one pad placement but they seem to have a quick way?

Looks like he does the following:
* manually places the 8 pins,
* selects, copies and pastes the 8 pins,
* selects new 8 pins, changes X coordinate in the attributes panel, which updates the position of the selected pins

Yes, if you select a group of like objects, either by holding (cntr) and clicking or left clicking and dragging a box around them, you can change common attributes.

There are also options to align and evenly distribute grouped objects.

What I do sometimes is set the grid to the needed pitch (or pitch/2 for an even number of pads), and plop down pads in a row with correct spacing.

Let's say you want 10 pads on 1mm pitch. Set the grid to 0.5mm. Create the size pad you need, and position it at (0, 0.5). Put the next pad at (0, 1.5) and every 2 divisions above and below the x-axis. Then select the group and change the x-axis to what it needs to be. Then select the entire column, copy and paste it on the other side of the x-axis.

In the video, I believe he correctly positions the 2 columns of pads, copies them, selecting (0,0) as the reference point. Then press (cntr) V to paste, R to rotate the group and position at (0,0) and click to paste the group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back