Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Folsom Pro Rodeo

Status
Not open for further replies.

bananasiong

Hi all,

Has anyone been **broken link removed** before? I'm going to see how's the culture here :D Anyone can point me to the interesting part of this event?

Thanks

obviously you'll want to watch the rodeo - fun stuff - those guys are nuckin futs. some of the other stuff is pretty good too if you appreciate horses and what these people can do on one.

If the Folsom rodeo hasn't changed much every minute of it is fun.

I last attended 1968.

The opening ceremony was an accasion for me to introduce the Flag of Bavaria. (Capital City Munich)

Boncuk

Last edited:
I was there yesterday!! And it was fun yeah:D
The parachutist did a good landing with the big flag.
And the horse/bull/buffalo/sheep riding was fun too.
The fireworks are awesome!!
But that cost me $25 :D:D

The only thing which was a bit annoying was the fact that there are no wildlife colts used for riding. (except for cow roping)

I bet you'll jump about the same if you get that treatment. :)

Didn't you visit Folsom State Prison? A very interesting place!

Boncuk

I'm not sure whether they are wildlife colts or not but the horses and bulls were pretty wild. The riders fell down mostly within 4 seconds. One of them needed a stretcher to be carried out of the area.

Mike, is it in every April in your region?

You just need to observe what happens. :confused:

The colts behave like crazy when they're released from the box (with the rider sitting on them).

After time out (if the rider has reached the minimum time (normally eight seconds) to stay on the back) or if he's down two riders remove the belt sqeezing the balls of the poor animal. :mad:

With that measure they also remove the hard pain from the horse.

The only Bronco I know of is a USAF airplane used for close air support.

Boncuk

Hi,

Seriously I didn't see that happen. After the rider is down, another 2 riders will chase the horse back into the gate.
Did you mean they tighten the balls of the colt with belt for them to get mad?? That's animal abusing..

It is cruel, but not surprising, considering they castrate calves with no anesthesia all the time, and in some places still brand them. And obviously they kill them for food.

Hi,

Seriously I didn't see that happen. After the rider is down, another 2 riders will chase the horse back into the gate.
Did you mean they tighten the balls of the colt with belt for them to get mad?? That's animal abusing..

Those two riders do exactly what I have discribed. They take the 'pinched' horse in the middle and one of them removes the belt.

This is done within a split of a second and you have to watch closely what happens.

They won't have to chase the horse back into the box. It will be as peaceful as normally - just standing around and filling the arena.

Ha.. I should have known this before going.. Here's the video sharing :)

[embed]http://www.youtube.com/v/-ILoaUvryBg&hl=en&fs=1&[/embed]

Did you now see the big belt? :)

I really thought that the belt is used for them to hold and control the horse, never thought of tightening their balls.. That's too bad :(

You would think the belt would just make the bull roll over on its back and wail.

I really thought that the belt is used for them to hold and control the horse, never thought of tightening their balls.. That's too bad :(

Good to know horses have no hands. They'd take off that belt and spank their torturers. :)

Controlling and holding horses is done with a device fitted in their mouths with leather strings on it. (sorry, don't know the english term, German: Trense + Zuegel).

You can see those devices in the short movie.

Last edited:
In english its called a bridal.

which reminds me of an old joke:
an Ahmish man and his new wife walk up to the counter at a hotel. The man says "We're on our honeymoon, we'd like a room" the manager says "Wonderful! would you like the bridal?" to which the Ahmish man replies "No thanks, I'll just hold on to her hair till she gets used to it."

Thanks for the vocabulary.

It's not easy to find the translation at Google. Googling for "Zuegel" you'll get a biography of Mr. Zuegel.

Bridal: :D

In english its called a bridal.
It's actually called a Bridle. Sounds almost the same, but as you noted in the joke, a few letters make all the difference.

Last edited:
According to my knowledge there must be a big difference in pronunciation.

Bridal = Braidl, Bridle = Bridle

So bridle is the 'mouthpiece' I think. (Trense). So how you call the thing attached to it to enable the rider 'steering' the horse?

Thanks anyway. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back