Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Fm Transmitter Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Legal, license-free FM broadcasting lets you get a signal from your house to your immediate neighbors, unless you live in a congested FM market, where you will have trouble finding an open channel, and the co-channel interference from the 100,000W station will obliterate your 50mW peanut whistle...

Welcome back Bill. Haven't seen much from you recently...

I have already isssued my legal licence for fm broadcasting.

Can someone help me with all the necessary things that I will need for?

You will need an FM transmitter that is certified to meet all technical regulations.
I don't know about the UK but here in Canada where there are many FM radio stations you must show the regulative people that your type of programming (talk shows, country music, rock music, dance music, old album music etc) is needed in your city.

How to set up a radio station? Need help!

I feel an enormous passion for music and radio, I would like to take all my track mixes over everywhere, especially in my little town, so I’m collecting information about how to set a radio station. As result of I do not have enough knowledge, I would like to find some recommendation about it . I really appreciate your help if is possible.

Thank you very much in advanced for your collaboration

Last edited:
I have already isssued my legal licence for fm broadcasting.

Sorry, but you're lying! :(

If you've got a licence to broadcast then you must use professional equipment, that meets the VERY strict requirements of your licence.

You can't set up a broadcast radio station in the UK, it's illegal - and offenders are heavily prosecuted.

I do have some knowledge of how you do go about it - but it's so complicated, and unlikely to succeed, that it's not worth trying.

Even worse, assuming you DO get permission, and a licence is issued, you then have to bid to gain that licence - and anyone else can bid against you and might get it instead!.

(A friend who is a professional DJ went through the process, and asked me if I would engineer for him - he was never able to convince the authorities of the need for a station in the town/area he was targeting).

Sorry, but you're lying! :(

If you've got a licence to broadcast then you must use professional equipment, that meets the VERY strict requirements of your licence.

You can't set up a broadcast radio station in the UK, it's illegal - and offenders are heavily prosecuted.

I do have some knowledge of how you do go about it - but it's so complicated, and unlikely to succeed, that it's not worth trying.

Even worse, assuming you DO get permission, and a licence is issued, you then have to bid to gain that licence - and anyone else can bid against you and might get it instead!.

(A friend who is a professional DJ went through the process, and asked me if I would engineer for him - he was never able to convince the authorities of the need for a station in the town/area he was targeting).

First of all, I know all the rules of UK, so I am originally from, also it is clear that they are very strict, but where I am living right away, we started this as a project, we got the appropriated licence for using it that, the only thing is that to get finished the licence, they are awaiting for an equipment that compliance with all regulation.Second of all, I am not lying, I just looking for information about it, we are preparing a special team, but meanwhile I thought that here I could get some ideas about the type of equipment that we will need. All the people that belong to the project are professional capable to run a radio station. As I am part of the project and I able to suggest them where to find a good high quality equipment.

If you know where to buy a reliable equipment, just let me know and another suggestion that could help us.

Thanks.

What power level?
How high a tower will you build?
How far do you want to reach?
AM or FM?

You can search for "FM Broad Cast Transmitter". The companies that build 100 watt transmitters usually don't make the 100kw transmitters.
I have bough used transmitters with mixed results. You need a good engineer to deal with parts that another company has rejected.

First of all, I know all the rules of UK, so I am originally from, also it is clear that they are very strict, but where I am living right away, we started this as a project, we got the appropriated licence for using it that, the only thing is that to get finished the licence, they are awaiting for an equipment that compliance with all regulation.Second of all, I am not lying, I just looking for information about it, we are preparing a special team, but meanwhile I thought that here I could get some ideas about the type of equipment that we will need. All the people that belong to the project are professional capable to run a radio station. As I am part of the project and I able to suggest them where to find a good high quality equipment.

Sorry, but I don't believe you - getting the gear would be trivial if you actually managed to get a broadcast licence, which would specify the exact frequency, maximum power, and the aerial type and location allowed.

BTW, have you considered Internet broadcasting? - my friend ran his radio station on-line while trying (unsuccessfully) to obtain a licence.

Is not fair, we are not lying

Sorry, but I don't believe you - getting the gear would be trivial if you actually managed to get a broadcast licence, which would specify the exact frequency, maximum power, and the aerial type and location allowed.

BTW, have you considered Internet broadcasting? - my friend ran his radio station on-line while trying (unsuccessfully) to obtain a licence.

I feel really bad when you said that you did not believe, considering that offence for me, I’m not a liar, actually is pretty easy to get a radio licence in Haiti, due to the poverty, there are not too much communication here and we decided to move out here for a while and communicate the people in a easy manner, therefore I choose for setting up a radio station with my team. There regulation of transmitting are not too strong as is in UK, I made sure to have all the necessary things done that comply with radio regulation. I ensure you that we are not doing piracy, just in case that you are thinking of ; we are honest people who just want to help others, therefore we thought of moving out in one of the poorest county in the world .

We have considered to do radio as an internet broadcaster, but as a result of lack of internet connection, we cannot, choose this option, it is out of hand.
I really appreciate if you could help us with some recommendations based on your experiences.

It's a different matter if you're in a country like Haiti, you hadn't mentioned that before.

Your problems might be getting suppliers to send equipment there?, do the USA deal with Haiti OK, that's probably the easiest place to buy gear - what power are you after?.

It's a different matter if you're in a country like Haiti, you hadn't mentioned that before.

Your problems might be getting suppliers to send equipment there?, do the USA deal with Haiti OK, that's probably the easiest place to buy gear - what power are you after?.

Well, I thought that was going to be the problem until yesterday, so finding out on google, we got a company from UK, check this out www.veronica.co.uk, it seems to be so close to us, whenever you go to cart option, it displays to be established in Dominican Republic.

Maybe the company has an extension close to us.

Based on your experiences, what would you suggest to us?

Last edited:
Well, I thought that was going to be the problem until yesterday, so finding out on google, we got a company from UK, check this out www.veronica.co.uk, it seems to be so close to us, whenever you go to cart option, it displays to be established in Dominican Republic.

Maybe the company has an extension close to us.

Based on your experiences, what would you suggest to US?

I don't have any experience at all in the USA - but the UK link you posted above looks fine, and is a link I would probably have suggested.

I don't have any experience at all in the USA - but the UK link you posted above looks fine, and is a link I would probably have suggested.

Thanks dude for your help, we will purchase the 500ERP System(**broken link removed**), after get this completed, I will let you know what is going on it. We feel really excited about. If you know an extra information that could contribute with us, just hit us here.

Thanks dude for your help, we will purchase the 500ERP System(**broken link removed**), after get this completed, I will let you know what is going on it. We feel really excited about. If you know an extra information that could contribute with us, just hit us here.

Nice :)

Next time I see my mate who was trying to set up a radio station I'll ask him what gear he was looking at (he pops in very occasionally).

I think your biggest concern should be installing and anchoring everything to be hurricane proof! Given the widespread corruption amongst many law enforcement agencies in Haiti, you needn't worry much about transmitter frequency & power! It's more about keeping the equipment from being stolen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back