Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FM Transmitter problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zarniwoop

G'day all,

Shortly after purchasing a PDA I found that I would like to play the MP3's stored on it through my car radio. Upon finding the manual for the radio, I discovered no auxiliary input for it, which made my task somewhat more difficult.

I then decided the easiest way to achive my goal is to build a small FM Transmitter and have it broadcast to the antenna in the car, in a sort of 'pass-thru' arrangement, similar to aftermarket CD Changer units.

Getting to the point, I purchased a Velleman-kit K1771 FM Oscillator hoping this would do the job. It seems that this kit is designed for an Electret microphone and not for the output of a PDA/MP3 Player/PC.

What needs to be done to the signal to make it appropriate for this transmitter? I can tune it in on a house radio, but the signal seems to be over-driven and comes out very distorted.

Cheers!
Grant

In the search for the online version of the circuit diagram, I found the revised manual, which is MUCH better than the one that came with it. The manual also contains the procedure for connecting a source such as CD player, mixer, etc. The solution is a 47K Logarithmic pot in the circuit as shown here.

**broken link removed**

Cheers anyhow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back