Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FM Transmitter again

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaineo

I built this transmitter and hooked it up to my walkman, it didn't seem to work, but then i put it on 88.1Mhz and accidently touched my finger between the collector and the base on the transistor and it started working, anyone know what would touching those two pins change that makes it work? I'm almost positive its not a bad connection too.

Attachments

• trans_174.gif
    trans_174.gif
    3.1 KB · Views: 280
Where in the walkman is the modulating signal coming from? I suspect the impedance of your source is not zero ohms as it is in your simulation schematic. The base needs to see a low RF impedance. Try adding 1nF from the base to +3v, and 100nF from +3v to GND.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back