FM Receiver TDA7000 - Airband freq 120Mhz - 200Mhz

Status
Not open for further replies.

roynezal

I have succesfully completed on the TDA7000 FM receiver and it works great.
However i am not able to get to listen to ATC freq near my place. (Above 120 Mhz)
But I am not sure what components to change on this circuit to be able to receive
the freq band 120Mhz - 137Mhz and above (Airband)
Can someone advise me which component to change so that i can receive the airband.
Thanks
Roy

Attachments

• FM-TDA7000.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 9,213
Hi Nigel,

Thanks for the advise. can u check this link. TDA7000 FM Receiver TV Tuner

I was hoping the radio i just build can be modified to receive the freqs 120Mhz above.

So far i can hear all the FM 70Mhz-108Mhz Radio stations and funny noises above 108Mhz-120Mhz,
could be the VORs.

Is this circuit not possible to be modifed for selecting the 120Mhz-137Mhz freq range.

Do u have any suggestion for alternative circuits with minimum components and simple build.

Appreciate your help. Im still new to this.

how good is the TDA7000 chip for a FM radio?, because im am looking at making a FM reciever using this chip, is it any good?

Yes it is very cheap for TDA7000 (less than US$2). But for a beginner like me it serves well. Also the circuit use a variable resistor to tune to the stations and u can use BB505 Varicap Diode (Q62702B37 Siemens) $1 if u cannot find MV2105. find the details on this link.

TDA7000 FM Receiver TV Tuner

I am trying to make the circuit, printed on the datasheet, how could i make the 56nh coil?, what diameter former etc, or could i just buy a inductor from somewhere?

Datasheet:
http://www.datasheetcatalog.org/datasheet/philips/TDA7000_CNV_2.pdf

Hi
Airband is AM as already said,TDA7000 FM only.The coil can be made with about 3-4 turns of copper wire around a pencil size diameter to cover approx 90Mhz-140Mhz,this coil is the VCO osc tuning coil.
The bare earth wire out of house wiring would do,might be an idea to tin the coil also.

Last edited:
Was just Googling the TDA7000.
To use as an aircraft receiver:

It looks to me that you could tap pin 9 or 10 or 12 and send to a diode detector and use an external af amp circuit.
I'd leave the rest alone and hope the mute circuit is sensitive and try to use pin 1 to gate the audio amp.

I made a crystal radio tuned to 110MHz to 125MHz. It had a whip antenna, a tuned coil and capacitor, a diode AM detector and a resistor and capacitor as the load. It fed an LM386 power amplifier. I heard air traffic control and airplanes at the airport.

I'm in Amsterdam and Schiphol airport is about 20 minutes away from me by car. I don't think I would hear the tower but I should hear some planes with a crystal set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…