Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FM Receiver TDA7000 - Airband freq 120Mhz - 200Mhz

Status
Not open for further replies.

roynezal

I have succesfully completed on the TDA7000 FM receiver and it works great.
However i am not able to get to listen to ATC freq near my place. (Above 120 Mhz)
But I am not sure what components to change on this circuit to be able to receive
the freq band 120Mhz - 137Mhz and above (Airband)
Can someone advise me which component to change so that i can receive the airband.
Thanks
Roy

Attachments

• FM-TDA7000.JPG
    FM-TDA7000.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 9,170
Hi Nigel,

Thanks for the advise. can u check this link. TDA7000 FM Receiver TV Tuner

I was hoping the radio i just build can be modified to receive the freqs 120Mhz above.

So far i can hear all the FM 70Mhz-108Mhz Radio stations and funny noises above 108Mhz-120Mhz,
could be the VORs.

Is this circuit not possible to be modifed for selecting the 120Mhz-137Mhz freq range.

Do u have any suggestion for alternative circuits with minimum components and simple build.

Appreciate your help. Im still new to this.

how good is the TDA7000 chip for a FM radio?, because im am looking at making a FM reciever using this chip, is it any good?

Yes it is very cheap for TDA7000 (less than US$2). But for a beginner like me it serves well. Also the circuit use a variable resistor to tune to the stations and u can use BB505 Varicap Diode (Q62702B37 Siemens) $1 if u cannot find MV2105. find the details on this link.

TDA7000 FM Receiver TV Tuner

I am trying to make the circuit, printed on the datasheet, how could i make the 56nh coil?, what diameter former etc, or could i just buy a inductor from somewhere?

Datasheet:
http://www.datasheetcatalog.org/datasheet/philips/TDA7000_CNV_2.pdf

Hi
Airband is AM as already said,TDA7000 FM only.The coil can be made with about 3-4 turns of copper wire around a pencil size diameter to cover approx 90Mhz-140Mhz,this coil is the VCO osc tuning coil.
The bare earth wire out of house wiring would do,might be an idea to tin the coil also.

Last edited:
Was just Googling the TDA7000.
To use as an aircraft receiver:

It looks to me that you could tap pin 9 or 10 or 12 and send to a diode detector and use an external af amp circuit.
I'd leave the rest alone and hope the mute circuit is sensitive and try to use pin 1 to gate the audio amp.

I made a crystal radio tuned to 110MHz to 125MHz. It had a whip antenna, a tuned coil and capacitor, a diode AM detector and a resistor and capacitor as the load. It fed an LM386 power amplifier. I heard air traffic control and airplanes at the airport.

I'm in Amsterdam and Schiphol airport is about 20 minutes away from me by car. I don't think I would hear the tower but I should hear some planes with a crystal set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back