Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FM modulation with lm567

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone help me design a FM modulation with lm567.
I assume that you mean an FM Modulator, or, an FM de-modulator.

In either case, the answer is no.
The LM567 has nothing to do with FM, it is a tone decoder.
This means that when it detects a certain frequency at its input (pin3), it will switch state at its output (pin8).

JimB

No disrespect Jim.
I fiddled aroudn with this circuit a while back trying to put together a synchronous demodualtor.
This guy got a Ne567 to demod Am and Fm, Am isnt brilliant, Fm is more like it, read the blurb:
You might be able to get it to modulate Fm with a varicap, but then the Ne567 max freq doesnt go all that high, only 500kc from memory.
Sorry I odnt have time to do you a design.

you can use a 567 to demodulate FSK (such as radioteletype) audio. the oscillator's frequency limit is 500khz, so it's not a good choice for modulating or demodulating FM. most FM demodulators work at 10.7Mhz (and depending on the application, on other RF frequencies as well). all of the LM56x PLL devices made in the 1970s and 1980s were generally limited to 1Mhz or less maximum operating frequencies. PLLs can modulate or demodulate FM, but a 567 isn't a good choice.

This guy got a Ne567 to demod Am and Fm, Am isnt brilliant, Fm is more like it, read the blurb:
Interesting, but given the vast number of ICs available which are dedicated to demodulating FM, this just seems like an exercise in "hey lets see what we can do with this"

PLLs can modulate or demodulate FM, but a 567 isn't a good choice.
Exactly.

JimB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back