Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Flyback Transformer Driver Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
audioguru said:
Turn up the voltage until either something gets too warm or something gets zapped.

???

What do you suggest then for a Flyback Driver? I was on youtube and I saw the ZVS Driver, so what should I use? You pick, as I just want big sparks!

Thanks

Well, I did find this schematic, and I watched a movie with it. It looks really easy. It looks like I may need some high rating parts to do this, but that will be fun finding.

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Hi things,

your circuit looks about right to be applied by my crazy brother in law, who does fishing using fire crackers or electric shock devices. He has already fried six of my design which are more costly. He just dumps the electrodes into water when a fish passes. Dead fish and dead short!

No problem with that, Thais know everything better!

The only way out of his dilemma is a new "tickler" for each fish.

Would you kindly give me info about the primary turns you made on the flyback? That thing has to go from the lab to the field right away!

Thanks in advance

Regards

Boncuk

I have been following this thread and I ran out and got the part's from my local TV repair guy (IRF540), and it worked great! I added a ferrite Toroid to the end, so it can attract the arc better (since it is affected by magnetism). I was pulling about 1.5 cm sparks out of it easily. The High pitched ring from the coil is very annoying (my classmates loved it :)) when it is in the high frequency. I only was feeding 12V at 850ma or something like that, so I also hope to build a large PSU for this.

Any suggestions?

Where can I aquire such a power supply? I have seen threads of people winding their own, but where can I buy one, or get the parts for one?

I would like the Voltage supply to be around 40V.

Boncuk said:
Hi things,

your circuit looks about right to be applied by my crazy brother in law, who does fishing using fire crackers or electric shock devices. He has already fried six of my design which are more costly. He just dumps the electrodes into water when a fish passes. Dead fish and dead short!

No problem with that, Thais know everything better!

The only way out of his dilemma is a new "tickler" for each fish.

Would you kindly give me info about the primary turns you made on the flyback? That thing has to go from the lab to the field right away!

Thanks in advance

Regards

Boncuk
Hi,
Every flyback will differ, but i just wraped 4 turns of wire straight on the core for the primary, and 2 or 3 for the feedback. The less you have on primary, meas more power, but the transistor gets very hot fast, so i used a biggish heatsink. Overall its a good circuit. Just ask me if you need any more info!;)

Pizza1993, why dont you ask your question in a new title rather than replying to old posts?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back