Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Floor cleaning machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ktatavarthy

Hi, I have done a floor cleaning machine using PVC Pipes and 1000 rpm motor when I tried to clean the floor the motor stopped running but when I lifted the motor up then it started running. Then I realised that motor load might be not sufficient. Can any one please guide me which power, Volt & Rpm motor I should use.

Attachments

• 578778ED-E220-46BF-A09B-D5764BB05BFD.jpeg
    578778ED-E220-46BF-A09B-D5764BB05BFD.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 116
Welcome to ETO, Ktatavarthy!
... I have done a floor cleaning machine using PVC Pipes and 1000 rpm motor ...
Try as I may, I can't see it...

For instance, of what use are the two wires coming out of the PVC pipe?

o_O...

As you give no specifications on either the motor or it's power supply, what do you expect us to suggest?.[/QUOTE

As I am not an electrical, electronic or science back ground as for hobby I am doing this type of experiment. So I need help what type of motor should I use for this project. The present 1000 Rpm doesn’t work properly as expected. So please help by suggesting what motor should I use heavy load.

How heavy will the finished machine be? How big is your cleaning pad? Then you can estimate the static friction the motor will have to overcome, and choose a suitable motor. WTF is the picture you sent?!
Why are you using a DC motor and 220vac?! This is a terribly inefficient way to do things! I'm guessing you're going to need at least 1.5 hp with a regular commercial scrubbing pad.
Good luck having it hold together if you're using pvc pipes to build it! I can't wait to watch the fun on YouTube!

I used 1000 rpm dc motor for which I connected a converter in between so that I can use 220 volts power.

1000rpm isn't a specification?, we need to know voltage, power etc.

However, it's a ludicrous idea uisng a low voltage motor and powering it from the mains - use a mains motor, which will give you MUCH greater power.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back