floating ground, virtual ground how it created in this circuit of M890G multimeter

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshua.svn

Hello everybody,

i am attaching M890G multimeter circuit from web i found . in this circuit how the ground is created pls any body can explain.
i have tried to measurement circuits with 7106 ic but there should two power supplies we need one for measuring circuit and onother
display circuit of 7106.

but in this a common ground is created pls any body can explain.

regards
svn

Your premise is entirely incorrect - the circuit inside the meter is part of the meter, and MUST have a common ground in order to work.

Your confusion is when building a 7106 inside a project, where it may well require a separate supply and ground - in this case though it's all one circuit, and must be powered together.

Are you asking how to attach a meter to a supply so it can measure a voltage from that supply without having a separate supply of its own? A typical example would be a panel meter that does not have a separate supply in a variable voltage bench supply. If that is the case, the solution to the common ground is to generate a negative voltage for the meter , such as with a 7660 voltage converter.

John

Edit: Here's a link to an Intersil application note that addresses the issue: https://www.intersil.com/content/dam/intersil/documents/an96/an9609.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…