Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

fixing my tv

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calvinbones

My screen stopped working so i opened up the tv and found a 680uf 16v capacitor blown. I would like to know if I can replace it with a 1000uf 16v capacitor?

At a quick guess, yes.

If this is a power supply smoothing capacitor, there should be no problem.

JimB

My screen stopped working so i opened up the tv and found a 680uf 16v capacitor blown. I would like to know if I can replace it with a 1000uf 16v capacitor?
Yes, perfectly fine - electrolytics have ludicrously high tolerances (such as +50%/-25%) - I commonly replace 680uF with 1000uF - it's a much more 'standard' value, and bigger is better in these sort of cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back