Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

First time building a circuit schematic. Advice would be great1

Status
Not open for further replies.

chenharry6

Looking for some help with designing a circuit
My friend and I have recently started a project on creating a pair of anti-sleep glasses for long-distance drivers. We have done research with universities in blinking patterns and how they affect drowsiness, but we are relatively new to electronics so we were wondering if someone here might be able to give us a little bit of help with designing our circuit.

I believe it's a relatively simple circuit, for this prototype we only require a photo IR component and a piezo buzzer that corresponds to the outputs from the IR (it buzzes when a certain pattern from the IR is detected). I have quite some bit of experience with programming so we can probably implement the software algorithm on our own but we're really stuck on creating the PCB :/

Welcome to ETO!
Do you have an active IR system in mind or a passive one?
For a passive system, would something like this or this be of use?

Is this a school/college project?

For an active IR system you will most likely need to modulate the transmission so that the receiver isn't confused by ambient IR. 38kHz is a standard modulation frequency and there are off-the-shelf receivers available tuned to that.

Can one of you help me critique my circuit design and see what needs fixing? It's my first time working with circuit design schematics so I really don't know what I'm doing. I see a lot of other people using headers so I'm slightly confused. Thanks :)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-08-18 17.38.59.png
    Screenshot 2019-08-18 17.38.59.png
    138.6 KB · Views: 251
This is a basic circuit for a blink detection device. I'm a EE beginner so any advice or help would be great!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-08-18 17.38.59.png
    Screenshot 2019-08-18 17.38.59.png
    138.6 KB · Views: 252
You have vcc and gnd shorted...
I do not see a gnd reference. There is a jumper across D2 making it useless and where does r1 go? it has a line going al the way to gnd on IC but its not connected anywhere?

Clipboard01.jpg

Last edited:
You have various bits cross connected that should not be...
Remove the link between gnd & vcc on the CPU and fit a capacitor there.
Remove the connection dot to the left of D2.

Assuming D2 is a photodiode, it's then something near a possible working circuit, though R1 would probably need to be a much higher value.

Edit - I've just seen you have also posted this schematic in a different thread.
Please do not do that, it's bad practice to ask the same thing more than once as the answers get confused and duplicated.

Hello, welcome to ETO!

Let's start with how to draw a schematic properly. Read the first post in this thread:

As designed, if you connected your LiPo to this battery, the battery would explode. You have a short-circuit between VCC and GND of your microcontroller. LED1 would never turn on because it is shorted as well. D2 has a wire going straight through it, so it would never turn on either. There are a number of other issues as well, but it would be easier to identify them if the schematic was neater. Start by drawing your schematic as described in the above link.

Duplicate threads have been merged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back