First PCB: Stepper Motor Controller (PIC16F84A & ULN 2003)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jugurtha

Here are some pictures of the first board
View attachment 63338

View attachment 63339

I then found out how smart I was. I had the tactile switch's connection (push-button) wrong: As to which pin is connected to which other pin, I "assumed" a certain thing and you get reminded that "Assumption is the mother of all ...".

So I changed the connections, and it was for the best. I changed the layout and made the buttons each next to the other which is nice.

And here's the result:

View attachment 63340

View attachment 63341

View attachment 63342

View attachment 63343

The project files (ASM, SCH, BRD, Libraries etc...) are in the .rar attachment:

It isn't populated yet. The varnish is kind of nice. The board isn't perfectly done though: Some holes aren't perfectly aligned and the board wasn't cut perfectly (they aren't exact 90° angles), plus when it was cut, there's a plastic deformation in one of the edges (hardly noticeable, but you can see by the reflection of light when you tilt it and look closely).

It was done by a small shop in Jolie Vue, Kouba, Algiers. I had never heard of them before some guy at an electronics shop gave me their number after a ****-chat.

(In case some dude from Algiers reads this several years from now, the shop/company is called Almitec.. They don't have a website.. Well, they do but it sucks .. It still has got the "lorem ipsum". Just take their number and call, don't bother online...)

I'll give it maybe a note of 90%. It cost about $5 , I gave them the EAGLE .brd file and they handled everything else.

Thanks for guys who've helped a lot with great feedback: Hans, 3v0, Ronsimpson, Inquisitive, Tt, Derstrom, Hayato, J Wilder, Microman, and others I didn't mention and whom I bothered with lots of questions to do it well.

UPDATE: It is partly populated, and I uploaded the libraries I used (those which have components with fat pads, etc) and the corrected SCH & BRD. Plus I uploaded the images here instead of Mediafire.

Last edited:
Great first board Jugurtha. No 90 degree corners, nice triangular fillets on the T junctions, solid ground pour. Excellent!

Hi Jugurtha,

very nice and clean layout. Congratulations

For the next one use an ULN2803. It can double the output power by connecting 2 channels in parallel.

Regards

Hans

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback, everyone.. The result shows how a newbie can learn to do relatively well when in contact with great people. Stuff just rubs on you. Thank you all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…