Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Firmware Options

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I understand correctly, you have a design with a PC Board currently in layout. Changing horses at this point would involve a severe schedule impact as you are no doubt aware. Unless you have uncovered a showstopper in the CUBLOC controller, I would advise you to go for the best result possible rather than the best possible result.

I can also recommend the AVR line form Atmel. They have good support and there are a range of development tools both free and commercial. The in system and self programming capabilities are excellent. Here is a link to the 8-bit line:
Atmel Products -Microcontrollers - AVR® 8-Bit RISC

Good hunting

If I understand correctly, you have a design with a PC Board currently in layout. Changing horses at this point would involve a severe schedule impact as you are no doubt aware. Unless you have uncovered a showstopper in the CUBLOC controller, I would advise you to go for the best result possible rather than the best possible result.

I can also recommend the AVR line form Atmel. They have good support and there are a range of development tools both free and commercial. The in system and self programming capabilities are excellent. Here is a link to the 8-bit line:
Atmel Products -Microcontrollers - AVR® 8-Bit RISC

Good hunting

The design is sitting in a ARES file on my PC. It hasn't gone to the PCB house yet. The only schedule demons I face are self imposed, I have no real deadline. I'd rather get it right than rush it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back