Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Firefox underlining links on my webpage (annoying)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AceOfHearts

My website has annoying red underlines in Firefox...but I dont get this in Internet Explorer.

I have been looking everywhere for a fix for this problem, nothing yet. Anyone know any fix?

One or two links on the same page misteriously dont have the underline...dont know why.

Waiting for any replies. Thanks for reading. :)

perhaps a link to your website.

Yes, definitely post a link. Without that there is no chance of diagnosing the problem. I mean, I could spew out a million things to check (do you know how to use Web Developer and Firebug in FireFox?) but that would waste both my time and yours.

Torben

What annoys me is when my browser (IE) displays pages with certain words highlighted in blue and then, when the cursor passes over them a small pop-up info. window opens, requiring me the extra effort to close the damn thing. :mad:

It works wonders for ad-ridden sites like electronics lab.

Incidentally you want Adblock Plus not just normal Adblock.

What annoys me is when my browser (IE) displays pages with certain words highlighted in blue and then, when the cursor passes over them a small pop-up info. window opens, requiring me the extra effort to close the damn thing. :mad:

I use IE7. When I move the cursor OFF the blue highlighted areas, the pop-up goes away by itself after 2 seconds. Maybe there is an option in your IE setup that needs tweaking.

There are also options to underline links or not.

In Firefox Try.

Tools / Options / Advanced

Then on the General Tab Uncheck the box next to "Check my spelling as I type"

Red lines Gone ?

On an interesting note Firefox's spell checker Identifies Firefox as a spelling error.

I tried FireFox and it was horrible IMHO. Nothing but one issue after another. Maybe I had a corrupted d/l or install but it just seemed to be a PIA to deal with. My wife on the otherhand, seems to have good luck with it. I do know that IE is loaded with pop-ups regardless how the blocker is set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back