Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Firefox 3 failed opening simple webpage

Status
Not open for further replies.

eblc1388

[Solved]Firefox 3 failed opening simple webpage

Hi,

Can any one confirm that FF3 can open the following SPICE model webpage. I tried several times and every time my FF3 stop responding. System is P3, Win2000 with 512M SRAM.

I have no trouble opening it using IE6.

**broken link removed**

Thanks.

Last edited:
Thanks BeeBop.

I have traced the problem down to a script run by an FF extension "Video downloadhelper" which I have recently installed.

Got it open here on my aging equipment but it was a struggle. That's a lot of links for one page, it could be grouped better and spread over three or four smaller pages.

PIII 551Mhz - 320MB RAM WinXp+Sp2
Firefox/3.0.1

I've just returned to Opera after a spell of trying out Firefox 3.0.1.

To make it useable I had to install a couple of extensions (speed dial and clipings). I don't know whether it was the extensions which were to blame but I found it far too slow, Opera is much faster.

Extensions are a nice idea but they can be temperamental and some can introduce security flaws so I'd rather have a browser that does everything I want rather than having to rely on a load of buggy extensions.

Thanks again for everyone.

That webpage now opens sucessfully, albeit with a few seconds struggle, after I have uninstalled the "Videodownload helper" extension.

@Hero999,

Yes, FF3 is a bit annoying, especially it does not highlight a "https://" address in yellow which I have grown used to. I have to install an extension to get this feature back.

Another annoyance is it does not allow me to open a link in a tab as default but replaces the existing webpage window instead. I was told I can "middle" click or press "Contrl" key while clicking to get that but I do not use a three button mouse.

Last edited:
My Pentium 4 opened the website with Internet Explorer 7 and with Firefox 3 with no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back