Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Finish work. remote mount LCD, headers, ribbon, overlays?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobra111

Finishing up a couple projects and trying to make a more finished product. Will be making several and plan to send PCB out for proto mfg. One of the issues is remote mounting of a standard LCD with 8x2 pinout. Trying not to spend 50 bucks! has to be a cheap, more practical and easier way? Looking for maybe an adaptor header to convert to a standard ribbon type header to use ribbon wire?

Also, there seems to be a lot to learn in the control panel finishing world! With a little research, it looks like a simple "overlay" might be what we need, without membrane buttons. I am curious how these are made in low qty? We were considering buying a vinyl printer/cutter anyway so hoping this could work with the thicker materials used? Or is screen print how it is done? I don't mind sending out for this work if it is beyond my ability but would sure me nice to do these here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back