Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

finding pic sillicon revision numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghostman11

can anyone explain how you read from the pic what it's revision number etc is? i have a couple of pics that have errata on some revisions but not others and i wanted to check the chips i have

ok thanks for that i will have a go at it later, even under a microscope i cant see anything that looks like a revision number:confused::confused:

Use the Pickit2 CMD exe it will tell you all the info you want to no.

ok how do i use this :D:D:D i double click to run and a screen flash's up then is gone in a fraction of a second

When I first connect to a target device with a PICkit 2 running under mplab 8.36, I get the following report:

Found PICkit 2 - Operating System Version 2.32.0
Target power not detected - Powering from PICkit 2 ( 4.75V)
PIC12HV615 found (Rev 0x0)
PICkit 2 Ready

This is before I click 'program'.

I would assume that it would do the same for any other PIC device.

Hi Jason,

extract "PK2DeviceFile.dat" & "pk2cmd.exe" & stick in a folder close to root (saves navigating many paths).

Connect PICkit2 to a device.

Open a command prompt & navigate to the chosen folder, then type "pk2cmd -p -i" then hit return.

Mine was a 16F887 and I got:

Auto-Detect: Found part PIC16F887

Device ID = 2080
Revision = 0002
Device Name = PIC16F887

Operation Succeeded

Regards.

EDIT:
Simply typing "pk2cmd" without switches & hitting return gives the command line help options.

Last edited:
Watching Silk?

A programme on the forsaken gogglebox?

Are you under duress from the better half? ;)

There's 'scopes un-attended and constantly refreshing forlornly out there you know! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back