Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Finding a Unknown Inductor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cant be ljcox ,
because against an equation F and L have to be inverse square
Fr =1 /(2*pi*Sqrt(L*C))
Sqrt(L*C) = 1 /(2*pi*Fr)
L*C = 1/ (2*pi*Fr)^2
L = 1 / {((2*pi*Fr)^2)*C}
L= 1 / {4*3.141*3.141 *Fr*Fr*C)

Last edited:
Yes, you're right. I should have looked at it more carefully.

It should be L = 1/{C * (2pi x fr)^2}

Yes, you're right. I should have looked at it more carefully.

It should be L = 1/{C * (2pi x fr)^2}

hi Len,
We now agree
Knowing that Fr= 1/(2Π*√LC)

I suggested to the OP that he moved the '2Π' to the left side of the equation, so that it became 2Π*F and substituted ω for 2ΠF.

This would give ω = 1/(√LC)

Then its a simple matter of squaring both sides of the equation to, ω^2 = 1/LC....

Transposing gives, L = 1/(ω^2 * C) ..... (1)

E

I've tried alot of methods and im pretty sure one of them is right what i basically need is clarification before i put it onto paper.

If you are not sure of your answer, all you need to do is substitute any number to your variables in the original equation say 2 for L, 3 for C. From here, you can get fr. Now, from your derived equation, substitute the value of fr that you got, and 3 for C. If you get L equal to 2, your derivation might be right.

Note: These are not always true all the time. You have to use different values for your variables to verify your equation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back