Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Filter Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

dale_toon

Hello,

Im very new to filter design and need a filter to satisfy this, but dont really know how to go about it. Any ideas?

Design a 7 pole Chebyshev low pass filter with a cut-off frequency of 1MHz, a pass-band ripple of 1 dB and source and load resistances of 50 Ω.

How do you know you need 7 poles, 1db ripple?

It is, still doesn't mean I know how to do it

In which case it's important your teacher finds that out, getting someone else to do your assignments isn't going to help. If you're far enough through the course to be given an assignment like this, then you should be able to complete it from the Wikipedia article.

Hey, what class is this for? I'd disagree with the wikipedia comment. I can't stand how the material is presented in them, but I'm just a newbspert.

Edit: Kinda easy to make 7 poles. Lol. The ripple part though. I haven't used that term yet in any of my classes.

Last edited:
I've already had 2 circuit analysis and a signals class and only the part about poles rings a bell. I was reading the wiki page and I definitely don't know any thing about this as a whole. I was just curious though cause my signals prof sucked. He was to smart for his own good and I'm curious if i need to catch up on some stuff on my own.

Edit: This filter design is about 500 pages into my signals class. I may have to read up on it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back