Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ferroresonant transformer

Status
Not open for further replies.

john1

Hi,

Could anyone tell a bit about ferroresonant transformers ?
I gather its some sort of regulating device.

Cheers, John :)

My understanding is that it is constructed of materials that vary in electro-magnetic characteristics in a way that helps maintain a more constant output voltage.

The ferroresonant stabiliser transformer designed for AC voltage stab. It contains a separated winding with parallel condenser (tank circuit for mains frequency)

Sounds interesting.
Tuned to 50 c/s well, 60 in some places.

I will have to read a bit more about this.
So wheres the stabilising effect?

This is an old circuit of mains-stab for TV.(1980)
Tr1: E-I 130 core, pack 50mm, air-gap 1.5mm
n1 370 turns, 1.5mm wire
n2 68 turns, 1.5mm wire
Tr2: SM 102/B (hypersil)
n1 133 turns 1.5mm wire
n2 187 turns 1.2mm wire
Unfortunately with my bad english i can't explain the function. This circuit can handle 300VA load, while the input changed from 165 to 240V, the output voltage change remain until 10%. The output waweform distorted trapezoid, because Tr2 working in saturated mode.

Attachments

• ferro.GIF
    ferro.GIF
    2.2 KB · Views: 1,332
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back