Favourite Test Equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ron, you an I may have been at Lowry at the same time! We had several Marines in our class. I was there in September through Thanksgiving in 1971 .... had six inches of snow fall before it was officially summer.

Hi Dean

I want to think it was early '71 when I was there or Spring maybe. OMG, 40 years ago. Life was so good and simple. Lowery was great for a Marine as not many of us attended that school. There was a guy named Larry Bulinsky who went that year after I was there, he was from my outfit. I only remember that because he and I shared several duty stations and training.

Ron

Hi Ya Crosh
You have that Mega Surplus place out your way don't you? My wife is going to Phoenix on Thursday for a few weeks. I should give her a shopping list.

Yep - Apache Reclamation and Electronics on (roughly) 3rd Avenue and Apache, one block north of I-10); tell her to wear old clothes if she goes!

Ignitrons are pretty cool for conversation pieces.

This one would make quite the conversation piece alright (perhaps with certain TLAs!); it's fairly large (not sure how large they can really get, though) - about 2 1/2 feet tall, 1 foot or so in diameter. Mounted upright in a crate; other than age, it doesn't look damaged. I haven't tried moving or shifting it, but it looks heavy (IIRC, stainless steel and some large gauge copper mounting bolts and such - plus whatever mercury is in it). The thing is bolted to the crate.

It would probably make for a nice display piece in an electronics collection, if you didn't have a use for it - but I am not sure I would want something like that in a house...heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…