Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Favorite Robot

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Mad Professor

Who's your favorite robot from TV or cinema?
Ps: severe ribbing for anybody that posts images of Cyborgs as they are not true robots ;)

V'ger, from Star Trek I, is pretty impressive. Not too bright, but powerful and pushes the imagination as far as what a robot could be.

Torben

Maximilian from the Black Hole the only cool robot in the movie, the other ones err sucked big time.
Cylons are a favorite too.

Transformers.

Optimus Prime - Autobots.

Then their was the Robot from ( Lost in Space ) which had no name.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_in_Space

The Robot is a Model B-9, Class M-3 General Utility Non-Theorizing Environmental Control Robot.

kv

Kryten - from the series Red Dwarf.

Smeee Heeee...

JimB

Well 'Robby the Robot' got a round quite a bit, most remember him from "Forbidden Planet" (along with a very young Leslie Nielsen better known for his later comic roles)
Wikipedia entry has a long list of films he appeared in and has even been seen in commercials recently it seems.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robby_the_Robot

The image posted by SV is of a is a special edition, life-size, fully animatronic remote-controlled version of Robby where as the original was actually a suit with an actor inside.
**broken link removed**

What was the name of that movie this guy played in?

**broken link removed**

I liked him too.

the forbidden planet

"that's solid lead!"
"no this is an alloy. solid lead would have crushed the vehicle and this weighs merely ten tons"

the only part of that movie i remember

Last edited:
Well 'Robby the Robot' got a round quite a bit, most remember him from "Forbidden Planet" (along with a very young Leslie Nielsen better known for his later comic roles)
Wikipedia entry has a long list of films he appeared in and has even been seen in commercials recently it seems.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robby_the_Robot

The image posted by SV is of a is a special edition, life-size, fully animatronic remote-controlled version of Robby where as the original was actually a suit with an actor inside.
**broken link removed**

I love Leslie Nielson! He is hilarious! But was that the movie where the robot turned on them and he had these things he called the "invisible beings"?

How could you guys possibly forget this guy??? He's the best!

**broken link removed**

Forbidden Planet, Yes that's the movie. Excellent stuff. Based on the "The Tempest"
Disney did the invisible monster animation.

Last edited:
I love Leslie Nielson! He is hilarious! But was that the movie where the robot turned on them and he had these things he called the "invisible beings"?

One of my favourite films - they were "monsters from the id" - the robot didn't turn on them, he was a good guy, and actually was rescued by the earth spaceship before the planet was destroyed.

Ever wondered why you can't find your shoes?

Attachments

• robot.jpg
    robot.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 255
The day the earth stood still. (Gort)

I have forgotten about this movie. I guess their doing a remake.

Attachments

• nm_gort_080415_ssv.jpg
    nm_gort_080415_ssv.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 298
Two good ones here. ^^^^^

For some reason I would say that about 90% of remakes just don't cut the mustard. I think all this high tech computer graphics sort of robs the creativity out of the producers. Even when the old monsters moved around, the methods they used to animate them were eerie looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back