Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

fantastic contraptions - addictive game

Status
Not open for further replies.

grim

warning this is the most addictive problem solving game ever t hit the internet.

it's not safe for work, becuase you won't be able to stop playing and you will loose your job:D:D:D:D

fantastic contraptions

and for only $10 you can play about 340 billion user levels and make your own.

:)

Naaaaw, COD4 is the best problem solving game on the net... and it has other on-line skilled players for you to wade through. Problem solving you ask? Eliminate all enemies in a Middle East $hithole neighborhood without dying in the process. ;)

This is very similar to a game released by Sierra around 1990 called "The incredible Machine" or TIM for short.

Both are very addictive games.

Mike.

I lost a lot of hours to TIM. That was one of the best games at the time. I found it on the net recently as abandonware and lost some more hours. ;) If anyone is interested I can dig up the link.

[Edit: Hm. There are lots of site with this. Disclaimer: I believe that this is completely legit and that the game is abandonware, not piracy. If anyone knows differently, please let me know.]

I also recently came across a laser puzzle game called Chromatron. Much fun.

Torben

Last edited:
ahh yes, Tim with monkeys riding bikes chasing bananas to pop balloons.

that was proper alternative energy:D

Gentlemen also take a look at Sokoban, a game of pushing boxes to designated location. There are walls(blue) around and inside the area too.

In the image shown, there are three boxes and one of them is already on the designated location. The image is from "sokomind" a freeware version of sokoban but since ceased to be free anymore.

The blue "cross" shaped item at the bottom is the pusher. One can only push(not pull) on a box using cursor keys to move the pusher. Looks simple but can be quite tricky at times.

Do a google search on "sokoban" and there are freeware game versions and virtually limitless levels to play with.

Attachments

• sokoban.gif
    sokoban.gif
    21.4 KB · Views: 322
Last edited:
I loved TIM, was actually looking for it, but could not find it, was also looking for a modern incarnation of it, but haven't had any luck there either.
I do not really play any on-line games, RSA service a bit sucky for that.
I also agree with HiTech on COD4, that was great, have finished it something like four times already.
I enjoy BF2 and CS from time to time, just to get the brain away from things, it's not to involving, and after a couple of maps played you can stop playing without wondering what's next.
I am also completely crazy about NFS: Carbon, have played that through about five times.
You might say "Are you not to old for such computer games?" I should probably answer yes, but HELL NO!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back