Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

game console emulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashford

hey all,
how do game console run programs/applications/game or whatever you want to call it? I have the idea in my head that it works just like a computer but if this is so do they need to dynamically link to libraries, depend on console-specific resourses, etc? Because if this is so, how do programmers write emulators to run such games? do they have to emulate these libraries, resources, etc?

hey all,
how do game console run programs/applications/game or whatever you want to call it? I have the idea in my head that it works just like a computer but if this is so do they need to dynamically link to libraries, depend on console-specific resourses, etc? Because if this is so, how do programmers write emulators to run such games? do they have to emulate these libraries, resources, etc?

Obviously they have to emulate EVERYTHING, including the hardware - which is the more difficult part.

A game console IS a computer, it doesn't just 'work like one'.

Emulate what? Are you saying the emulations run on PC's? Pardon my ignorance, I"m not a gamer.

yes, the emulator runs on the PC and they are able to run the same games that run on the console. So you can run an Xbox game on your PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back