Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Fan dimmer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. I can not watch YouTube - RODALCO2007's Channel . Because this website is filtered by my country.
Anyway, I added this capacitor in series with the fan and the following problems are seen:
1. even when the switch is off, the fan is running
2. the speed of fan is not changing by turning the potentiometer
3. the speed of fan is always low
I thought the capacitance needs to be increased to decrease the Xc. I put a 6uF,400V capacitor. The problems of 1 & 2 still exist. But the fan speed is set at its maximum level.
What is it for?!

Last edited:
Pity, what country do you live in ? Hoorah for democracy.

Most 3 speed fans have 4 switches, 1 OFF and 3 for speed settings.

The extra cap is fitted in series with the supply to that switch so OFF means OFF.
The extra bypass switch shorts out the extra cap so the fan retains its original speeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back